For nearly forty years, Sullivan Healthcare Consulting has specialized in perioperative governance, surgery benchmarking, scheduling, staffing, sterile processing, and surgery IT implementation in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers in the United States and Canada. The company also provides operational improvement, and implementation and interim management for perioperative areas, sterile processing departments, and cath labs.
SHC’s project teams are drawn from a diverse pool of knowledgeable and experienced professionals. This consulting depth allows the firm to provide hospitals and healthcare systems with comprehensive assessments and recommendations that result in improved operational efficiency and increased income.
Keys to SHC’s success are an in-depth understanding of the needs of each party — surgeons, anesthesia providers, nurses, SPD staff, and administration — coupled with an understanding of clinical and industry standards of practice.
Sullivan Healthcare Consulting (SHC) helps maximize the return on investment in the perioperative suites of hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers. The firm’s consulting practice serves clients across the United States and Canada.
SHC’s consultants have decades of combined clinical and consulting experience and include recognized authorities in:
- Surgical services governance and change management
- Patient and block scheduling
- Pre-surgical screening
- Optimizing patient throughput
- Service line organization structure and staffing
- Sterile processing department (SPD) management
- Perioperative and SPD education
- Surgery benchmarking and information management
- Healthcare information system selection and optimization
- Migration of existing perioperative information system to enterprise electronic medical record
- Surgical information system implementation
- Interim staffing of the perioperative suit
- Anesthesia practice negotiation and management
- Surgical facility evaluation, planning and design
- Strategic growth planning