Jackson Healthcare and our family of companies provide healthcare systems, hospitals and medical facilities of all sizes with the skilled and specialized labor and technologies they need to deliver high quality patient care and achieve the best possible outcomes — while connecting healthcare professionals to the temporary engagements, contract assignments and permanent placement employment opportunities they desire.
Headquartered in metro Atlanta, we’re powered by more than 1,500 associates and over 7,500 clinician providers covering all 50 U.S. states.
Our mission is to improve the delivery of patient care and the lives of everyone we touch. This includes the patients, clinicians and healthcare executives we work with through our companies every day, as well as our communities, the nonprofit organizations we support and each associate who is part of our family.
We’re always looking to add new talent to our teams. We value diverse professionals at all levels and across multiple disciplines and areas of expertise, who have strong leadership skills, align with our culture, and are committed to excellence.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording the daily financial activity to ensure accurate accounting records by using Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures. This position will focus on daily processing of accounts payable and vendor master data. This position will also assist in monthly and annual reporting related to financial data to include financial statements, forecasts, budgets and special reports. The ability to work independently with many different Plant disciplines is a critical component of success as is the ability to ensure accuracy of reports and analysis under tight time deadlines. Additionally, being able to multi-task and working on projects with little direction is required.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of accounts payable and related clerical duties
- Research and resolve vendor problems and billing discrepancies
- Answer vendors’ questions or refers them appropriately
- Maintain vendor and customer data as related to finance
- Assist with month-end closing process
- Determine and record necessary journal entries such as accruals, payroll and allocations from Corporate accounting
- Construct and roll forward balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financials
- Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual departmental expenses and compare to budget/forecast, highlighting areas for further analysis
- Assist in preparation of forecasts and annual budget requirements
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Prepare various tax filings
- Other tasks/projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA degree in Business with concentration in Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience required
- SAP experience preferred
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures including account reconciliation
- Working knowledge of Balance Sheet and Income statement in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Well organized, professional attitude, reliable
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivots, lookups, etc
USAntibiotics is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.