Check out our current job openings and apply today!
This is the beginning role to a long-term career with our company.
LocumTenens.com has been leading the way in a booming healthcare industry since 1995. Locum Tenens is a Latin phrase meaning, “to substitute for.” When hospitals are understaffed, they rely on us to find them the right temporary physicians to fill in when needed. Every associate at LocumTenens.com plays a role in getting patients seen, no matter what they studied in school or what their role is here. Located in Alpharetta, GA, we boast a state-of-the-art campus featuring world-class amenities. There’s nothing ordinary about a typical day here, take a look for yourself: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/VfMVtWsvT1pn4T6nvUZxn1.
We are a Jackson Healthcare company, the third largest healthcare staffing company in the U.S., serving more than 7 million patients in over 1,400 healthcare facilities.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist serves as a business partner and resource to managers and associates. This role
participates in the execution of HR initiatives to drive employee engagement and retention. The SHRG is the first point of
contact for HR questions and concerns. A trusted advisor to leaders and a key resource to all associates, the SHRG
specializes in the areas of employee relations, performance management, HR administration, compliance, and reporting.
The SHRG is seen as a subject matter expert in their HR functions and may mentor more junior associates.
Improvement Plans (“PIPs”), and Corrective Actions as needed
• Coaches leaders on how to manage complex employee situations
• Executes annual performance management process including launching 360’s, evaluations, and ESR’s
• Serves as first point of contact for employee inquiries and complaints; conducts workplace investigations and
provides recommendations for next steps and resolution
• Partners with HR leaders to assess potential risk and provide guidance and partnership to leaders regarding
• Conducts exit interviews and provides feedback to leaders as needed; identifies and reports on trends
• Makes recommendations for policy and handbook updates
HR Administration and Compliance – 40%
• Responds to employee questions regarding benefits, leaves of absence, policies, timekeeping, etc.
• Ensures physical and electronic records are timely and accurately maintained with all employment, performance, and
related materials; conducts periodic file audits and reports results/corrects deficiencies
• Maintains HCMS data/workflows, personnel files, and cloud-based document filing platform (Docufree)
• Leads the approval and tracking process for referral bonuses and partners with Accounting to request payment
• Assists in New Hire Onboarding process; creates and sends new hire and promotion announcements
• Submits employee changes to JH HCMS and payroll teams; tracks ESR statuses
• Assists with separation processes including preparing separation documents and managing physical logistics
• Partners with Benefits for LOA administration and assists with Accounting for accurate commission payment timing, etc.
• Produces and maintains confidential materials for recurring projects (organizational charts, Talent Review packets, etc.)
Reporting – 10%
• Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reports for various HR metrics and audit
transactions – headcount, turnover, new hires, promotions, terminations, etc.
• Maintains Affirmative Action Program records; creates and files EEO-1 and Vets reports annually
• Maintains and produces various reports and reminders
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS (IF APPLICABLE)
• Serves as back-up to HR Manager as needed
• May participate in cross-functional projects as needed
• Assists with miscellaneous employee recognition and engagement initiatives
• Participates in annual HR Scorecard initiatives
• Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”) for basic departmental functions
• Leads New Hire Welcome meetings
• Partners with HR Development team to execute the intern program
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of progressive HR experience required; previous experience managing direct reports preferred
• PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred
• Previous experience in a sales and/or recruiting environment preferred
• Experience working a fast-paced working environment, matrix organization, or other complex situation preferred
• Experience supporting a remote and/or hybrid workforce preferred
• Experience supporting employees in California a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to adhere to and exhibit the Company Values at all times
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience working with HRIS/HCMS platforms, UltiPro and/or Workday preferred
• Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local employment laws; stays abreast of changes and updates
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Strong customer service mindset
• Ability to build relationships at all levels
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage competing and changing priorities
• Ability to work both independently and in teams
• Strong communication skills – both oral and written
• Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
1. Ensures Accountability 6. Customer Focus
2. Manages Ambiguity 7. Decision Quality
3. Interpersonal Savvy 8. Situational Adaptability
4. Communicates Effectively 9. Instills Trust
5. Manages Complexity 10. Values Differences
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, WORKING CONDITION, AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• Typical office environment – sedentary with typing, writing, reading requirements
o May be able to sit or stand
• Speaking, reading, writing, ability to use a telephone and computer
• Ability to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally
• Ability to interpret various instructions
What is in it for you
Company-paid beneﬁts (Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Compass Health Advocate and Transitions).
Healthcare beneﬁt options (Value Plan, High Deductible Plan with HSA, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Prepaid Legal Services, 529 Savings Plan, Pet Insurance).
Paid maternity and paternity leave.
401K with 35% match for every dollar up to 8%.
PTO that accrues at a rate of 15 days/year for 1st year and continues to increase with tenure.
Tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
An opportunity to work at a state-of-the-art facility in Alpharetta which features an on-site daycare and cafeteria, world-class fitness center and wellness clinic.
Locum Tenens is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.