Jackson Healthcare and our family of companies provide healthcare systems, hospitals and medical facilities of all sizes with the skilled and specialized labor and technologies they need to deliver high quality patient care and achieve the best possible outcomes — while connecting healthcare professionals to the temporary engagements, contract assignments and permanent placement employment opportunities they desire.
Headquartered in metro Atlanta, we’re powered by more than 1,500 associates and over 7,500 clinician providers covering all 50 U.S. states.
Our mission is to improve the delivery of patient care and the lives of everyone we touch. This includes the patients, clinicians and healthcare executives we work with through our companies every day, as well as our communities, the nonprofit organizations we support and each associate who is part of our family.
We’re always looking to add new talent to our teams. We value diverse professionals at all levels and across multiple disciplines and areas of expertise, who have strong leadership skills, align with our culture, and are committed to excellence.
In this position, the Payroll Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in supporting the Workday Payroll and Time Tracking application for all JH companies. As a key member of the JH Payroll team, you will be the focal person to configure and test the Workday system for our associates’ nationwide. The payroll business analyst will ensure the integrity, accuracy and proper use of payroll and time tracking information retrieved from the system.
Key Areas of Responsibility Systems Administration & Support:
· Serve as the subject matter expert on the Workday Payroll and Time tracking solution.
· Perform system administration functions including table configuration, data loads, system maintenance and configuration changes as required by the companies.
· Perform semi-annual review of WD releases and analysis of delivered functionality developing implementation plans where adaptation is required, or adoption should be considered.
· Provide end-user support; troubleshoot bugs and issues via research, testing, scenario re-creation and document findings.
· Liaison for JH Payroll with other operational payroll areas within the JH family of companies.
· Escalate systems administration and end-user issues to our partner vendor where appropriate; follow issues through to resolution (including testing, deployment, user communications)
· Maintain documentation of system configuration and business processes; update documentation on a frequent basis
· Support integrations to/from other JH systems or vendors.
· Recommend, implement, and document internal processes and audit procedures to ensure data integrity of all payroll and time tracking systems, focusing but not limited to Workday.
· Develop a strong understanding of key operational processes and workflows including the key business drivers behind those processes.
· Partner closely with key stakeholders to consider new and better ways to apply technology to drive greater business outcomes (improved collaboration, efficiency, quality, etc.). Facilitate effective discovery sessions and techniques to uncover specific business needs and requirements.
· Establish a future state vision and lead approach to designing, developing, implementing, and supporting future state use cases.
· Participate in HR and FIN technology initiatives by assisting with business requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development, communication, and business configuration.
· Participate in the regular review and prioritization of HCM systems projects
· Identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness of processes
· Assist with review and implementation of new and changed system functionality to support business processes and requirements.
· Assist in the development of change management, communication and training plans:
· Train new HR/Payroll/Time Tracking system users as required
· Coordinate and communicate system changes or events: system maintenance or downtime, basic changes in functionality, etc.
· Seek to execute projects in an agile, highly collaborative manner with a goal of delivering value for Jackson Healthcare throughout project execution.
· Ability to back-up payroll team members when required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Systems, or related area or equivalent related work history in the area of payroll or human resources.
· Certified Payroll Professional, Fundamental Payroll Practitioner or Human Resources Information Systems certification helpful
Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrated experience managing payroll projects which impacted multiple systems, processes and/or third-party administrators.
· Knowledge of United States payroll regulatory requirements.
· Must be detail oriented with high degree of accuracy and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is necessary
· Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills are required; ability to apply systems knowledge to troubleshoot and analyze new issues is critical
· Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with a proactive working style
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Must be comfortable handling highly confidential information with the utmost discretion
· Understanding of concepts of balancing, data integrity and audit requirements.
· Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications
· Experience writing and maintaining ad-hoc reporting requirements of the organization for the payroll functions.
· Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required with use of Pivot tables and application of using formulas including IF, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and CONCAT.
Jackson Healthcare is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.