Jackson Healthcare and our family of companies provide healthcare systems, hospitals and medical facilities of all sizes with the skilled and specialized labor and technologies they need to deliver high quality patient care and achieve the best possible outcomes — while connecting healthcare professionals to the temporary engagements, contract assignments and permanent placement employment opportunities they desire.
Headquartered in metro Atlanta, we’re powered by more than 1,500 associates and over 7,500 clinician providers covering all 50 U.S. states.
Our mission is to improve the delivery of patient care and the lives of everyone we touch. This includes the patients, clinicians and healthcare executives we work with through our companies every day, as well as our communities, the nonprofit organizations we support and each associate who is part of our family.
We’re always looking to add new talent to our teams. We value diverse professionals at all levels and across multiple disciplines and areas of expertise, who have strong leadership skills, align with our culture, and are committed to excellence.
The HR Generalist and Benefits Specialist provides benefits support in addition to assisting in areas such as employee relations, training, onboarding, associate data maintenance, HRIS administration and reporting. Experienced benefits knowledge is needed. This position will assist the Human Resources team in compliance reporting, unemployment, worker’s compensation, and other duties as assigned. Provides support on special projects. The HR Generalist and Benefits Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of benefits and 401K for our clinicians including administrating, reporting and coordinates Open Enrollment events. Coordinates and manages COBRA, FMLA and Leave events.
Provides guidance and support on policies, performance matters and employee relations.
- Assists with HR related issues such as performance management; attends and participates in associate progressive discipline, involuntary separations and investigations; conducts exit interviews and processes associate separations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance to front line managers and other team members which may include coaching, counseling, career development, policy interpretation and general guidance on any HR related policy or procedure to include, but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, etc.
- Collaborates with the HR Manager on yearly Benefits Open Enrollment sessions. Communicates to external associates the timeframe, benefits, and changes from the previous year. Leads benefits events as needed.
- Manages complex employee relations issues and conduct effective and timely investigations as necessary. Effectively investigate, document and provide guidance on corrective action or separation efforts when appropriate. This will include the ability to proficiently conduct formal investigatory efforts for behavior and conduct concerns and in response to employee complaints (i.e. harassment and discrimination cases.
- Conducts new hire orientations.
- Addresses employment related inquiries from associates, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices.
- Ensures that human resource policies are updated, support and compliment company strategies and goals and are communicated to management and staff. Provides advice and interpretation regarding human resource policies as they relate to individuals and to
- Initiates and administers performance appraisals.
- Supports company initiatives to drive associate engagement.
Maintains associate data and integrity.
- Responsible for reporting HR data timely and accurately.
- Ensures that associate records are effectively and efficiently updated and maintained in the HCM.
- Maintains all physical and electronic associate files
- Ensures that accurate, updated associate’s information is provided to other departments and to governmental organizations as required. Ensures that external document submissions are accurate and timely.
Provides support to clinicians for benefits administration.
- Administers various associate benefit programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k) and wellness benefits.
- Conducts benefits orientations and administers the benefits self-enrollment system as needed.
- Ensures benefit changes are entered appropriately for application and proper payroll deduction of premiums.
- Assists associates in obtaining information, understanding the company benefits and timely enrollment; Ensures distribution of required employee notices i.e., ACA notices.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining professional business relations with vendors
- Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Ensures that questions and concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in Human Resources and employment law.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that Department work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
Conducts job duties in accordance with the Corporate Values and Culture
- Others First-Others Before Self
- Wisdom-Do the Wise Thing
- Growth-Keep Getting Better
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- Proven knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws/regulations related to Human Resources.
- Comprehensive understanding of benefits plans, 401K administration, FMLA, and LOA.
- Strong knowledge of employment law changes-local, state and federal.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Five years of progressive experience as a Human Resource Generalist.
- Strong experience in benefits including 401K.
- Strong training background. Leadership training certifications a plus.
- Strong employee relations and investigation skills.
- Strong Knowledge in HRIS systems-ADP UltiPro, WorkDay.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite-Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Healthcare Staffing industry experience and/or supporting a sales environment is preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Approachable and adaptable in any situation.
- Effective project management abilities.
- Self-Starter; takes initiative.
- Exercises sound judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Shares Company Values.
Jackson Healthcare is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.